How much calories should I take daily ? - Shirshak kandel

This site is based to provide summary for great book, download audio and book for free, provide great people idea, and provide tips and tricks in field of technology and health.

Saturday, January 5, 2019

How much calories should I take daily ?

How many calories should I take daily?


Calories are the unit of energy which is required to perform our body activities. Calories required by our body which is called maintenance calories is measured by combining two factors called BMR(Basal metabolic rate) and our Activity factor(how active we are in our daily life.
Thus, maintenance calories=BMR*Activity factor

  • BMR(Basal metabolic rate) 
BMR is how many calories you're burning if you're lying in bed doing nothing, having eaten nothing for the last 12 hours. Here I calculate BMR by a direct and actual method( very lengthy equation ).
By direct method 
BMR for female =  22*weight( in kg) calories
BMR for male   =  22*weight+161  calories
Example: I am 63 kg boy so my BMR by Direct method  = 22*63+161 = 1547 calories.

By accurate formula 

Here is an accurate method, we need weight height and age 
For example I am 63 kg boy with height 170 cm (5.57 foot) and my age is 21 
again BMR of my body= 10*63+6.25*170-5*21+5=1592.5 calories 

Here I get 45.5 calories more in an accurate method which is 2.8% error but if you use direct method you can estimate from 2% to 5% less then actual BMR.


Activity factor 

activity factor table

 choose your  Activity factor 1.2,1.375,1.55,1.725,1.9 from the table according to your exercise or activity you perform in daily.
In my case 
I am Lightly active cause I do light exercise every day so my activity factor is 1.375 
Hence, my maintenance calories= BMR*Activity factor = 1592.5 *1.375= 2190 calories which is required calories need by the body to maintain my weight. 
In the same way, everyone can calculate their maintenance calories.

Gain weight and loss weight 

We need 3,500 calories more to gain 1 pound(0.45kg) and same goes to weight loss we need 3,500 calories less from my maintenance calories. It is safe only to lose 1 pound in a week so to lose one pound in the week. I need to cut  3,500/7= 500 calories daily. thus I need to take 2190-500=1690 calories to lose 1 pound(0.45 kg) weight without doing any extra exercise.
But remember that.

I can also take my same calories diet and burn my 500 calories daily by doing more 500 calories burn exercise which is a better choice.


How much protein, fat and carbohydrate should we take daily?


Remember that Protein and carbohydrates both contain 4 calories per gram, while fat provides 9 calories per gram.
The U.S. Dietary Guidelines say 45 to 65 percent of your calories should come from carbohydrates, while 20 to 35 percent should come from total fat. You should also get 10 to 35 percent of your calories from protein
If your maintenance calories is 2,000 calories per day
then you should consume  (45% to 65%)* 2000 calories carbohydrate =( 900 to 1300 calories) / 4 grams = 225 to 325 grams carbohydrate. 
In the same way, we should consume 45grams to  78  grams fats and 50 to 175 grams protein.

If you want to lose weight and have an insulin problem we can follow in given picture way.



In addition to macronutrient, sugar, sodium(salt) and water are another important intake in our in our body.
The daily requirement of sodium in our body is 2.4 gm which is a half teaspoon ( 5gm ). As we all know we take much more sodium than that if we consume process food.

 The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends no more than 6 teaspoons (25 grams) of added sugar per day for women and 9 teaspoons (38 grams) for men. But we use tablespoon, not teaspoons  which is 15 gm so 2 tablespoon for two cups of tea is enough for the day cause we also consume sugar from other source 

The daily requirement of water in our body is 5% to 10% of our TBM(total body mass). For example, my weight is 60 kg so, I should eat a minimum of 3 litres to a maximum of 6 litres of water daily. (5% of 60 litres=3 litres to .1*60=6 litres)

By following above method we can calculate how much calories we required in our daily life and by what part of total calories should be given to carbohydrate, protein and fat, how many grams of sugar and salt we should consume and at last how many litres water is perfect for our body. 






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative article! The basic calculation to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. Having an adequate protein intake per day is also essential to losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read. Your blog is one of the finest blog . Thanks for posting.This informative article.


    SONY LED LCD TV SERVICE CENTRE IN KOLKATA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks! take care of self esteem

    ReplyDelete